• At Young's Natural Look, we are committed to ensuring that each and every customer is satisfied. We realize that fulfillment of this promise can only be achieved by providing you with the finest hair extensions and proper education.
• This page contains valuable information pertaining to the understanding and caring of our human hair wigs.
• We carry only the finest hair, which is a precious resource. The hair comes from thousands of people and the textures will vary. We strive to provide the most consistent hair quality, but cannot guarantee that each order will be EXACTLY the same as your last.
• Everything produced at Young's Natural Look is done by hand. We try our best to provide consistent quality and workmanship.
Hair Care Tips:
• The hair extension, as well as your own, needs to be conditioned and moisturized. Lanza and Joico products are highly recommended. Joico’s moisturizers are excellent for regular conditioning while the K- Pak should be used once every two or three weeks. All professional products are also highly recommended.
• Conditioning hair is vital to its maintenance. However, it is possible to over- condition the hair. Some signs to observe when the hair is over conditioned are brightness and tangling. If this does occur, your best resource is to use a deep cleansing or keelating shampoo.
• If you use hair spray or other styling products, try to avoid those containing alcohol. Alcohol is very drying to the hair. Styling products create build up on the hair and it is recommended that a deep cleansing shampoo be used every two weeks to remove build up. Build up can make the hair dry and tangle. Use moisturizer every time you wash your hair to avoid this problem.
• Always be sure to brush out the hair and remove all tangles before washing. This will help prevent knots that may be locked in from the water. Remember that all our hair has the cuticle intact.
• When washing the wig it must be attached to one of the following:
- On client’s head or Styrofoam head.
-Please note that it is important that the wig must be attached and tightly secured around the perimeter of the head, or it should be pinned approximately every ½ of the perimeter of the wig. Make sure that there is no lifting in the base and around the edges. This will help keep the wig from matting and also prevent the hair from coming through the inside of the cap.
Salon Services Washing Procedures:
• If washed on the client’s head in the salon, it is your responsibility to advise the stylist of the correct procedure to wash a wig. Please keep in mind that there are certain steps on how to wash a Young's Natural Look wig.
• Before washing, we recommend to carefully section the hair into four parts. Gently comb the hair starting from the bottom of the wig to working your way up.
• When washing the hair, always wash it in a downward motion and do not mix it all together and create unnecessary tangles.
• Do not scrub or rub at the base/root area of the wig.
• NO STRONG DIRECT WATER PRESSURE!!!!!
IMPORTANT!!! PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY
• Although the hair extension is real, it is not receiving nutrients from the scalp like your own hair. Heat is the hair extensions biggest enemy. Consistent use of heat will shorten the life of the hair extensions. Constant use of heat will cause the hair to shed and loss hair. We cannot guarantee that the hair will remain silky if you use the blow dryer or curling iron. If you must use heat, be sure you use a leave- in conditioner first. We also recommend that for curling the hair you use steamrollers such as Caruso or Vidal Sasoon’s molecular steamrollers.
IF YOU CHEMICALLY ALTER THE HAIR IN ANY WAY, YOU DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE WILL NOT GUARANTEE ANY HAIR THAT HAS BEEN CHEMICALLY ALTERED. IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE ANY CHEMICAL PROCESS ON THE HAIR, WE RECOMMEND DOING A TEST STAND FIRST.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CALL US IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR CAN BE OF ANY ASSISTANCE IN RESOLVING ANY MATTERS THAT MAY ARISE.